Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thank you Lord!

For a while now I was wondering if Levi would ever be interested in using the "potty".  I have consistently asked him if he wanted to go in the big boy potty, and the answer has always been a consistent no!

He has been back at MDO for about a month now and his teacher, Ms. Myra, told me that it is her goal to have everyone in her class potty trained by December.  I thought it was a valiant goal, but I warned her that Levi might be a little more than resistant.  Boy was I wrong.

So ladies and gentlemen, Levi actually figured out TONIGHT that he could actually make "tee-tee" come out!  He has control!  So we sat, we tee-teed, we got up.  Two seconds later, we sat, we tee-teed, we got up.  This went on for a good 30 minutes!  (ok maybe only 5 minutes, but it felt like 30!)  Oh yea, we got candies!!!  

Now I know that parents have been doing this for years, but I really was waiting for the moment when he was 3 1/2 and it would just click.  I need wait no longer.  It clicked tonight. Now listen, I don't know that I have made more of a scene that I did tonight when more than just one drop came out.  Stream people!  It was a stream!  I screamed, he gave me a hug and he smiled the biggest smile I think I have ever seen.  All the waiting was worth it.

Now the hard part begins!  To all those parents who think it may not ever happen, it will.  I never believed, but I do now!

Good Luck and may the force be with you!

No comments: