Monday, March 3, 2008

Coming up to Breathe...



I know this is the album title of the band's record before the latest one, but it's fitting. I made an appointment to see a counselor today and I feel a bit better. Our church has a counseling center that works with our church and so I decided to quit talking about the thing I need to do, and go ahead and do it.

I have been put on this earth to worship and glorify God. This is my purpose! I just find it hard to figure out what that means exactly in my little world here on earth. I miss my husband, but the thing is...I love what he does. He is out there ministering to people every night. Would I be considered a ministers wife of sorts? Maybe. But my pastor tells me I am to be the minister. My church is equipping me to be a minister. My focus needs to change.

I love my community. My husband, my son, my friends, my church. I just need to stop and look around.

"I'm on my way to you"

In the words of MercyMe-grace tells another story

They say don’t waste your time
You simply cannot find
An ounce of good within the heart of man
They say we’ve got to lay
In the bed we’ve made
And live this life without a second chance
But I’m inclined to say
There must be something more

We’ve been told that the heart is just too far gone to save
But grace tells us another story
Where glory sends hopelessness away
Oh grace tells us another story

They say we cannot change
There is no other way
Get used it cause this is all there is
They say don’t raise your voice
Cause we don’t have a choice
We’re dealt this hand so learn to live with it
Well I have to believe
There must something more

Chorus

And though we may not understand
Why You’d give us another chance
We praise You who lets us start again

1 comment:

Coryslave said...

Good word, Maggie. All of us struggle through life; some folks are just better at hiding it.

Remember, God smiles when He looks at you!

Loving grace,
Cor